Saturday, November 8, 2008

Statistics

Statistics don't work for me. It seems that everyone I know has had some kind of reproductive issue. My oldest sister and a few friends have gotten by with just a minor complications (gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, c-sections). But, I have a sister who adopted 2 babies from China, when she and her husband didn't get pregnant naturally. I have a friend who had to terminate a pregnancy due to major abnormalities. Two friends, one sister-in-law, my mother-in-law, one aunt and I have had miscarriages. One friend and I had fertility treatments (me: autoimmune issues - heparin and aspirin, friend: drugs and IUI, I believe). Most odd, to me, is that I know three guys who have had their vasectomies reversed. The thing is, I don't really know that many people. So, probably 80% of the people I know have had problems conceiving and carrying a child. Seems a little high to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment