Sunday, July 10, 2022

I decided against the really inappropriate title that first came to mind

 A few months ago, my husband died by suicide.  He died on the 9th anniversary of my mom's death.  Our 15 year old daughter found him.  While she is seeing a counselor, that's not the right thing for me.  It occurred to me that I could write what I'm thinking about, so I have decided to dust off ye olde blog.  I'll be changing the name - I think it will mostly be like writing letters to my husband, so I am going to rename this space to Dear John.  (Let me tell you, Are You Kidding Me? still fits very well, because this was definitely not supposed to happen.  But there are things I want to tell him, and saying them in my head seems inadequate.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh. I am catching up now.
    I’m gutted for you.
    You do not deserve this, still, here you are.
    Write. Everything. Until there is nothing more to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also catching up now, and read backwards — from the most recent post to here. I am so sorry, A. Holding you in my heart as you write this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear you have been going through this. Here's to writing therapy. Will catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete