Saturday, July 15, 2023

FFS

Dear John,

I got Covid.  3+ years of avoiding it, and I'm pretty sure I got it on the flight back from vacation.  I knew I should have been wearing a mask.  That was dumb.  I can hear you saying "I told you not to travel."  So far, S is not sick.

Last night, I was running the a/c down for the night.  The dogs and I were in bed, and I heard something making noise in the a/c unit.  So I got the flashlight, and went outside to see if something had fallen in.  Note: I do not like the new a/c unit's top - too much stuff can get in there.  I didn't see anything other than the usual leaves and pine needles.  Then I looked at the top cover again, and a slightly degloved mouse was stuck in there.  I was wearing your Crocs, took a step forward to get a closer look, forgot that there were retaining wall stones there, tripped, fell, and scraped the hell out of my right leg.  

I hope all this rather unfortunate stuff means that I have exhausted my bad luck, and that I will now win $1 billion in the Powerball and Megamillions drawings.  I think I deserve it after that bunch of nonsense.

Love,

A

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. FFS is right. I hope you are feeling better by now from Covid, and also from the fall. As I noted on the previous post, someone is shirking his responsibilities -- no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no win on the Powerball either. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

      Delete