Saturday, March 11, 2023

Hauntings

 Dear John,

Should I be attributing this stuff to you?  So far:

The shower curtain that I put up after I had those stupid, mold collecting shower doors removed has fallen at least 3 times.  How many times have the other shower curtains fallen?  Upstairs bathroom: 0  Downstairs bathroom: 0

The piece of fascia that came off the side of the house - there is absolutely no reason that should have blown off.  None. 

All the music I hear messages from - I always know it's you.  

The misbehaving fireplace - seems as though I will need to get that thermostat replaced.  The furnace came on twice last night.  That hasn't happened since the last time S. turned the fireplace temp down to 60.

And finally, my painting that blows over every time I open the windows.  I suppose I could put it somewhere not near the window.  Maybe I'll hang up all my artwork downstairs.  I almost have enough to fill the wall by the pool table.  

Hmm...probably just all random coincidences.

It's 12 days short of a year since I last saw you.  I still miss you every day.  I used to say I wouldn't miss you when you were gone.  I mostly meant that you were going to outlive me, but I didn't quite factor in your actions.  While there are certain things I don't miss...your daily presence in my life is definitely not one of them.  

Love,

A


1 comment:

  1. How are you doing this week? I will keep reading :-).

    We, too, see so many signs. Green is the color, appearing in ways that can't be expected. We, too, experience a weird mix of connection and longing. And we, too, wonder if it's mere coincidence.

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete