Saturday, November 18, 2023

Nothing new under the sun

 Dear John,

I watched a movie last night.  It was about a woman whose boyfriend dies.  She ends up meeting someone new, who arranges to meet her after he gets her boyfriend's old number that she had been texting.  I wouldn't have thought much about it, but the boyfriend's name was John.  So, at that, I was like...HEY!  It was a cute movie - part of it centered around Celine Dion and she was very funny.  The movie is called Love Again.

I also started watching a new series - It's called Poker Face and stars Natasha Lyonne.  She's like a human lie detector, and wanders around getting justice for people.  S came in near the start of the second episode, and she enjoyed watching it too.  We have probably 5-6 more episodes to watch, and I'm looking forward to it.

It's time to cancel our Hulu/Disney+ subscription.  It was great for the last year.  I watched a bunch of stuff I wanted to see.  I think we're done with this service for a while.  There are several things I want to watch that will be coming to Disney+, but a break will be good.  I did pay $40 for a year of Starz, though.  I can finally finish watching American Gods.  

Thanksgiving is coming up on Thursday.  I guess your family has started a group text without me, as I haven't heard anything about their plans.  I wouldn't be participating regardless, but it's interesting.  I would like your brother to tune up the lawnmower next year, so maybe I'll keep in contact with his wife.  S saw her and their daughter at an NHS activity today.  S likes the younger girls and enjoys hanging out with them once in a while.  S was helping out at a basketball tournament, and her cousin was playing.  That was a nice surprise for her.  

I'm not feeling super thankful this year again.  I will make the effort to appreciate the things I have instead of focusing on what I've lost.  

Missing you.

Love,

A

1 comment:

  1. That's a tall order, I know (diverting your attention from the place it wants to be).

    Thanks for the notice of Poker Face. I will need to see if I am able to get that. I heard about it a few months ago and thought it sounded good, but then I never followed up on actually finding it.

    ReplyDelete