Thursday, December 3, 2009

Aunt Becky is giving stuff away and I had to work for it

Aunt Becky is giving away a book. But she's mean and makes people work for it. Or maybe she just wants to know stuff about me. She also wanted me to post a button on my blog, but I can't due to question # 2...

So, here are her interview questions and my answers:

1) Do you like sprinkles on your ice cream?

No - they irritate my teeth like tinfoil on a filling.

2) If you had to choose one word to banish from the English language, what would it be and why?

whore. Hate that word. I don't even know why. Second is panties.

3) If you were a flavor, what would it be?

Cranky. It is too a flavor.

4) What’s the most pointless annoying chore you can think of that you do on a daily/weekly basis?

Dude, my husband would be so happy if I did any chore on a daily/weekly basis. So, in order to meet that criteria, I'm going to have to go with...um...waking up. That I do religiously every day, and most of the time, it's annoying and pointless because I do it far earlier than I would like. (If you would like to change daily/weekly to occasionally, then it's totally dusting. Especially on a sunny day, because I can see those f'ing dust motes floating in the air, waiting for me to leave, so they can settle right back to the place from which I just removed them. Fuckers.)

5) Of all the nicknames I’ve ever had in my life, Aunt Becky is the most widely known and probably my favorite. What’s your favorite nickname? (for yourself)

Aimless

6) Your stuck on a desert island with the collective works of 5 (and only five) musical artists for the rest of your life. Who are they?

REM, U2, The Cure, Beethoven, and all the Now That's What I Call Music CD's for some variety (I hope they made a disco version, because everyone needs a little disco every now and then).

7) Everything is better with bacon. True or false?

False. I know, blasphemy. But, much bacon has liquid smoke, and I think I'm allergic to that. Smoked stuff gives me gas. Aren't you glad you asked?

8 ) If I could go back in time and tell Young Aunt Becky one thing, it would be that out of chaos, order will emerge. Also: tutus go with everything. What would you tell young self?

You can get anything you want, you have all the tools to do it. Recognize those tools and use them, and maybe you'll have some more adventures. Spend some time studying in college, because playing Hearts and Spades well is not a marketable skill. Also, do not waste your 20s on someone who you don't care that much about. But, waiting for the man you really love will ultimately be worth it. Even if you do bicker constantly.

7 comments:

  1. I am SO glad that I asked. And I dig that you don't like the "w" word. Love, love, love your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your answers! Great advice to the young you.
    I do believe cranky is a flavor.
    Even ribs? Mine are only slightly smoked.
    I hate all chores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Flying Monkey...yep, ribs too. But for those, I will suffer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree on "whore". But hate "binge" the most. Yuck.
    Sprinkles. Hmm. Depends.
    Waking up, yes! Chore-like, indeed. With you, there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate "panties" too. I also hate "moist." "Moist Panties" would put me over the edge. Ack! Hopefully I never hear those two in a sentence together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. moist and classy are the two words i would abolish!

    ReplyDelete